Send your letter below.
In December, nearly two years after collecting input on a 25-year-old guidance that regulates homeopathic medicines, FDA proposed a new guidance for these products. The proposed guidance will help FDA pursue products not conforming to the rules. While homeopathic manufacturers applaud FDA's effort to ensure public safety, the new guidance is counterproductive in not providing clarity for labeling and quality manufacturing. Homeopathic manufacturers are asking FDA to include details from the 1988 guidance into the proposed new guidance, such as:
- Directions for use
- Statement of ingredients expressed homeopathically
- Indications for use
- Definition of What Constitutes a Homeopathic Product
- A product that contains active ingredients listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States
- A product that is supported by references that describe appropriate homeopathic uses
- A product with documentation to support active ingredients that are not recognized in the HPUS as being homeopathic
- And products that contain a combination of a homeopathic and non-homeopathic active ingredients are not considered homeopathic
Write your congressman today to ensure your favorite homeopathic medicines remain available to you, and thank you for your support!
SEND YOUR LETTER NOW!
Standard or personalized: A prewritten letter appears in the small box to the right. You may send the letter as is, or personalize it to add strength. Adding a paragraph or few lines (within the small box) about your experience with homeopathy will make the letter more memorable, bring facts to life, and demonstrate your passion for these medicines.
Tips on writing your legislator
Tone: Legislators are more likely to consider the viewpoint of someone presenting information in a respectful manner. Rants of threats or complaints may damage your credibility. Stating your appreciation for a legislator's work, perhaps even on another subject, helps build a relationship with them.