Legislative advocacy is a critical part of the ACLU-PA's integrated approach to protecting civil liberties, which also includes litigation, community organizing, and communications. In order to amplify your voice in the capitol, we've launched the ACLU-PA Advocate Academy — a virtual training program that will help you become a stronger, smarter, and savvier advocate on behalf of civil liberties.
- Progressively build your advocacy skills with tiered training opportunities.
- Deepen your policy knowledge with our virtual issue briefings.
- Engage earlier in the legislative process with our action alerts to call your elected officials when bills start moving.
- Stay up to date on key bills we're tracking, committee hearings, and on issues we're following.
- Get invitations to upcoming legislative events, issue explainers, lobby days, and lobbying training.
How to join
To get our Advocate Academy updates and invites, just fill in the form to the right (your address ensures you're matched with the legislators who represent you) and click "sign petition".
When an issue arises, we'll send you a personalized link that will take you to an advocacy campaign where you will see the description of the issue at hand, who we need you to contact, and a suggested message. Your information will already be pre-populated, so all you'll need to do is click one button to contact your legislator!
Never underestimate the power of being a constituent. Our most powerful asset is you — our supporters and their constituents — and we hope you join us in the fight!