This year’s appropriations bills break over 40 years of bipartisan precedent by removing longstanding pro-life policies that prohibit taxpayer funding for elective abortions! These bills would:
- Repeal the Hyde Amendment, allowing taxpayer funding of abortion through Medicaid (the largest federal health program);
- Repeal the Helms Amendment, allowing taxpayer funding of abortion abroad;
- Repeal the Dornan Amendment, allowing taxpayer funding of abortion in Washington, D.C.;
- Repeal the Smith Amendment, allowing taxpayer funding of federal employees’ abortions;
- Allow funding for abortion in federal prisons and through the Peace Corps Program.
Make sure to let your Representative know what you think about their vote on whether to allow taxpayer funding for abortion or not. As these critical spending bills now move to the Senate, contact your Senator today and tell them to vote against any appropriations bill that allows taxpayer funding for abortion!
Click on the TAKE ACTION link to send a message to your US Senators.
Source: FRC Action