Headache Disorders cause extraordinary burden.
- Migraine is the 2nd leading cause of US and global disability.
- 60 million Americans have migraine.
- Cluster headache, widely reputed to be the most severe pain that humans can experience, impacts 500,000 Americans.
NIH has neglected research on headache disorders.
- Headache disorders are the least funded NIH research area among the most burdensome diseases
- NIH has failed to prioritize programs for headache disorders research despite 17 Congressional statements “strongly” urging NIH to do so since 2009
Request $50m funding for NIH headache disorders research
You will now be asked to send a letter to your Representatives and a letter to your Senate members. This will be two steps.