Learn more about Congressman and dog-lover John Katko and Henry, his yellow Labrador Retriever.
The American Kennel Club (AKC), our more than 5,000 dog clubs, and millions of responsible dog owners and enthusiasts throughout America, request your support for several bipartisan bills before Congress that promote responsible dog ownership and use proven science to ensure that dogs (and those who love them) can stay safe and healthy.
These bills include:
- The “Healthy Dog Importation Act” (H.R. 4239/S. 2597)
- The “Pets Belong With Families Act” (HR 5828)
- The “Paws Off” Act (HR 5261)
- The National Service Animals Memorial Act (H.R. 6353/S. 3447)
- APHIS Animal Welfare Act (AWA) enforcement funding
The American Kennel Club thanks the bill sponsors for their leadership in advancing legislation that recognizes the contribution of service animals and advances the health and well-being of all dogs.
Also, learn more about AKC Canine Health Foundation’s support for ground-breaking research in canine health and AKC Reunites 100th grant to support high-quality working k9s for local law enforcement.