AKC Government Relations (GR) recently surveyed its grassroots contacts to understand how it may better communicate with them about important legislative issues. The survey period started in late September and lasted for two weeks.
Here are some key takeaways from the responses we received:
- While most participants (95%) described GR’s email communications as at least moderately easy to understand, many comments suggested that action alert emails should feature bulleted summaries.
- 87% of participants preferred to receive communications via email, and 79% of participants preferred to share GR’s communications via email.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform among participants, with 80% reporting they use the platform regularly. Several commenters requested that GR make it easier to share action alerts on Facebook.
- 2/3s of participants expressed an interest in a GR mobile app, with half of those interested saying it would depend on ease of use.
- 71% are interested in GR-produced videos, webinars, and conferences.
- Of the issues GR addresses, participants expressed highest interest in mandatory spay/neuter (87%) and ownership limit (86%) laws.
- 90% of participants both believe that laws can impact their dog-related activities and expressed trust that GR communicates appropriate and timely legislative information.
- 71% of participants also agreed to be contacted about future research efforts.
GR appreciates everyone who shared their time and feedback with us. Their opinions are helping GR develop new and more efficient communications practices that better serve the purebred dog community.