- Maine Proposal May Still Restrict Breed Rescue Activities – Contact Governor Mills Now!
- NY: Ask Town of Greenburgh to Not Limit Pet Choice
- FLORIDA UPDATE: Support Positive Amendment to Animal Cruelty Bill (SB522). Contact Committee Prior to Vote on Tuesday, 12/10/19
- FLORIDA: Bill that Criminalizes Allowing Dogs Outside Under Numerous Conditions Is Up for Vote Tuesday, 12/10/19
- Iowa Update: New Changes to Animal Welfare Regulations Published
- Update: Senate Proposal Fails, But U.S. House Proposal Requiring Publication of Breeders' Private Information Remains
- MA Update: Nero’s Bill Moves Forward Favorably!
- Johnson City, TN: Final Vote TOMORROW, 11/21/19, on Overreaching and Problematic Animal Ordinance. Contact Commissioners Today.
- Maryland: Prince George’s County Considering Changes to Breed-Specific, Other Animal Laws on Tuesday (11/19)
- RI: Smithfield Town Council to Consider Pet Retail Sales Ban on December 17
- Pennsylvania: New Cumberland Considering Ownership Limits on November 6
- Middleton, MA: Town Meeting Vote on New Dangerous Dog Bylaw Scheduled for November 5
- Michigan: Committee to Hear Testimony on New Rescue Regulations on October 31
- U.S. Senate: Proposal Could Require USDA to Publish Privately Identifiable Breeder Information Including Home Addresses, Pets Owned
- Manatee Co., FL – Workshop on Proposals to Ban/Restrict Retail Pet Sales Scheduled for 10/31/19
- Iowa: Reminder – One Week Left to Comment on Proposed Animal Welfare Regulations
- Decatur, AL: City Council Votes Monday, 10/21/19, on Minimum Enclosure Sizes for Dogs, Tethering Restrictions, Other Problematic Provisions
- North Carolina: Yancey County Considering their First Animal Control Ordinance on Monday (10/14)
- Iowa: New Animal Welfare Regulations Proposed, Public Comment Sought
- NH UPDATE: New Protections for Dog Owners to Become Effective January 2020
- North Carolina: Robeson County Seeking Feedback on Proposed Ownership Limits, Dangerous Dog Laws Tomorrow (10/3)
- MD: Animal Law Vote Changes Delayed in Prince George’s County; Continue Contacting Officials!
- NH UPDATE: State Budget Negotiated by Governor Includes New Pet Vendor Definition
- Maryland: Prince George’s County Committee to Consider Significant Changes to Animal Laws Tomorrow (9/26)
- Stamford, CT Update: Proposed City-Wide Ban on Retail Pet Sales Held; Proponents Will Seek State Ban Instead
- MA Alert: Joint Judiciary Committee Considers Several Bills; Will Consider Ban on Outdoor Kennels
- Update: Bakersfield, CA, Delays Action on Problematic Animal Ordinance Amendments
- Hattiesburg, MS – Warrantless Inspections, Mandated Enclosure Sizes, Other Problematic Provisions Remain in Animal Ordinance. Vote is TOMORROW, 9/17/19
- MA Alert: On September 26, Prevent Discrimination Against Dogs Based Upon Breed, Size, and Weight
- MA Alert: Ask Joint Committee to Support Service Dogs on September 17
- New Hunting Regulations Issued by U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- CA Alert: Ask City of Bakersfield to Not Proceed with New Animal Ordinances, Amendments on Sept. 11
- Indiana: Hamilton County Considering New Hobby Breeder Restrictions on Monday (9/9)
- North Carolina: Swain County to Discuss New Animal Control Ordinance Tomorrow (9/5)
- MA Alert: Hearing Next Tuesday on “Irresponsible Breeding” and “Importation of Animals” bills and regulation of Research, Boarding and Daycare Facilities
- Hattiesburg, MS –URGENT ALERT: City Council Votes Tuesday, 9/3/19 to Ban Home-Based Breeding, Inspect ALL Animal Owners, Limit Pets. Take Action NOW
- USDA APHIS Releases 2018 Impact Report
- CT Alert: Stamford Committee to Consider Limiting Pet Choice Tonight. Act Now!
- Flagler Co., FL: URGENT—Meeting TONIGHT, 8/19/19, on Proposed Law to Require Pet Owners to Carry “Official Health Certificates”, Criminalize Accepted Animal Husbandry Practices
- Alachua Co., FL: Animal Licensing, Limits, Breeder Licensing, and Warrantless Inspections of Breeders to be Proposed at Special Meeting on 8/20/19
- Fort Smith, AR: URGENT—$500 PER PET Annual Breeding License Approved. Take Action NOW to Repeal
- NJ Success: Pet Leasing Bills with AKC Amendments Enacted
- U.S. Department of Transportation Clarifies the Use of Emotional Support Animals on Flights
- Fort Smith, AR: Board to act tomorrow, 8/6/19, on pet licenses, $500 PER PET annual breeding licenses, increased penalties and fees for all pet owners
- Cape Coral, FL: City Council to Vote Monday, 8/5, on Pet Sales Restrictions
- New York: Dutchess County Considering Tethering, Cruelty Registry Proposals
- PA - Temporary Designation of Canine Brucellosis as Dangerous Transmissible Disease Reissued
- RI UPDATE: Bond for Care, Forfeiture Bill Signed Into Law
- Victory in Ohio: Pet Store Definition Amended to Protect Home-Based Breeders
- MA Alert: Hearing Next Monday on Two Bills that Fail to Distinguish Retail and Non-Profit Activities
- Oklahoma: Tulsa Seeks Resident Input on Animal Control Ordinance Rewrite
- RI Alert: Problematic Bond for Care, Forfeiture Bill Heading to Governor – Urge Veto Now!
- MA Alert: Ask Joint Committee to Support Nero’s Bill on July 18th
- Illinois: Lake County Considering Changes to Animal Laws, Seeks Breeder Input on July 9
- Delaware Update: Tethering Bill Amended to Address Concerns, Some Questions Remain
- New York Victory: Legislature Adjourns for Year, Contact Your Legislators This Summer
- Delaware Bill Regulating Dogs Outdoors Continues to Advance – Call the House
- NH Gov Making Veto List for Budget Items: ACT NOW!
- FINAL PUSH: Conference Committee Deciding Whether to Adopt Harmful Definition
- Delaware Senate to Consider Bill Regulating Dogs Outdoors
- New Jersey Alert: Pet Leasing Bills Scheduled for Committee Hearings on Monday, June 17
- AKC Comments on Proposed Updates to Federal Animal Welfare Act Licensing Requirements
- New York Update: Bill Restricting Dogs Outdoors Advancing – Call Your Senator
- Massachusetts: Update on June 4 Hearing on Troublesome Bills
- NY Update: Committee to Consider Amendments to Address AKC Concerns with Hunting Bill
- Pet Stores Bills to be Considered in Rhode Island This Week
- Fort Smith, AR: Animal Control Resolution Will Be Considered Tomorrow, 6/4/19
- NH Alert: Senate Votes Thursday on Budget Bill with Harmful Definition
- Troublesome Massachusetts Bills Scheduled for June 4th Hearing - ACTION NEEDED!
- Reminder: NY Committee to Consider Hunting Competition Ban Tomorrow (May 29)- Call Now!
- NY Committee to Consider Hunting Competition Ban on Wednesday (May 29)
- Problematic RI Animal Cruelty Registry Bill Advances to the Senate: TAKE ACTION NOW!
- New York Committee Considering Bill Regarding Keeping Dogs Outdoors on Wednesday (5/29)
- CT ALERT: House Amendment Would Restrict Consumer Choice – Urge Opposition Today!
- New Jersey Action Alert: Contact Assembly Members, Ask for AKC Amendment to Pet Leasing Bill
- Informational Update: NY Update on Hunting/Field Trial Legislation
- USDA APHIS Proposed Rules Comment Period Extended Until June 5
- Ask New York to Not Limit Responsible Pet Choice
- Texas: Urge Committee to Support Bill Requiring Shelters to Report Epizootic Disease
- Proposed Changes to USDA Pet Breeder/Dealer Licensing Requirements: One Week Left to Comment
- MA Alert: Ask Joint Committee to Support Service Dogs Bill on May 16
- Massachusetts Legislature to Consider Dog-Related Bills Next Week
- Effective Immediately: Importation of Dogs from Egypt to the U.S. Suspended
- NH Action Alert: House to Debate SB 77 - Procedures for Animal Cruelty Cases, Contact Lawmakers Now!
- UPDATE: Massachusetts Attempts to Regulate Shelters & Rescue Organizations
- USDA Updates: Online Licensing Tool Introduced; Proposed Rule Comment Period Open Through May 21
- New York Committee Considering Positive Animal Bills on May 1
- Iowa Success: Legislature Adjourns, No Problematic Bills Pass
- Texas Info: Vacancies on Licensed Breeders Advisory Committee
- Manatee County, FL Could Discuss Banning Retail Sales of Puppies Tomorrow, 4/23
- Dover, New Jersey to Consider Pet Shops Sales Restrictions
- Massachusetts Residents: New Regulations for Rescues, Pet Stores Proposed – Share Your Thoughts
- Ask Texas Committee to Support Bill to Require Shelters to Scan Animals for Microchips
- Brevard County, FL Pet Store Ordinance Includes Vague Provisions that Could Impact Hobby Breeders and Rescues – Contact Commissioners Today
- Victory in Virginia – Problematic Bills Impacting Dogs Defeated or Amended
- NJ Alert: Madison to Consider Pet Shops and Kennels Sales Restrictions – Act Now!
- SPECIAL NEW YORK REPORT: Dozens of Bills Impacting Dog Owners Introduced – Contact Your Legislators
- Virginia: Potentially Harmful Tethering Amendments to Be Considered TOMORROW (April 3)
- Ask Texas House Committee to Support Allowing Dogs in Outdoor Dining Areas on 4/3
- Discriminatory Maine Proposal Restricts Breeder Sales, Rescue Activities - TAKE ACTION NOW!
- CT UPDATE: Committee Decides Against Retail Sourcing Restrictions, Seeks to Study Impact Instead
- Arkansas: Urge Support of Bill to Protect Right to Hunt with Dogs
- MAINE UPDATE: Committee Decision Scheduled March 28 for Onerous Consumer Protection Change
- Illinois Committee Considering Bill Deleting State’s Consumer Protection Laws Tomorrow (3/26)
- USDA Seeking Public Comments on Updated Animal Welfare Act Licensing Requirements
- Illinois Committee Considering Increasing License Fees, and Regulating Fosters & Transports on Thursday (3/21)
- Alabama: Request amendments to Bill Allowing Private Citizens to Remove Animals from Vehicles- Hearing Tomorrow (3/20)
- Indiana: AKC Supports Bill Requiring Health Certificates for Importation of Foreign Dogs
- Washington: Ask Senate Committee to Support First Step in Eliminating Breed-Specific Laws
- Texas Animal Bills Scheduled for Committee Consideration this Week
- Illinois Committee to Consider Three Bills Deleting State Consumer Protection Laws Tomorrow (3/19)
- Maine Hearing on Bill Regarding Sale of Dogs with Health Problems; March 19th – TAKE ACTION NOW!
- Iowa Update: Breeder Regulations Bill Number Changes, Concerns Remain
- Express Support of North Dakota Bill to Penalize Service Dog Fraud
- Minnesota Companion Bill Would Provide Funding for Training PTSD Service Dogs for Firefighters
- Maryland Update: Bill potentially impacting outdoor dog events defeated in committee
- Illinois Committee To Consider Increasing License Fees, and Regulating Fosters & Transports on Thursday (3/14)
- MD UPDATE: Time Change for Hearing on Prohibition of Breed Discrimination on Insurance Policies
- OHIO UPDATE: Department of Agriculture Announces Suspension of Enforcement on Broad “Pet Store” Interpretation
- Kentucky – Animal forfeiture bill in committee tomorrow, 3/6/19 noon. Ask for amendments.
- Iowa: Problematic Breeder Bill Advancing – Contact the House Today!
- Maryland: Ask Committee to Support Prohibition on Breed Discrimination on Insurance Policies
- Ask Texas Committee to Support Allowing Dogs in Outdoor Dining Areas on 3/5
- Illinois Considering Bill Assigning Legal Advocates to Animals on Tuesday (3/5)
- North Carolina: Caswell County Considering Commercial, High-Volume Kennel Regulations on Monday (3/4)
- Oregon Alert: Support Amendment to Protect Field Trials and Hunt Tests
- NH Action Alert: Bills Impacting Breeders Scheduled for Floor Votes– Contact Lawmakers Now!
- Ask New Mexico Committee to Support Allowing First Responders to Perform Emergency Veterinary Treatments
- Maryland Alert: House Bill 501 Could Impact Field Trials, Outdoor Dog Events
- Illinois: Support Bill to Penalize Service Dog Fraud
- RI: Bills Negatively Impacting Breeders, Owners Sent to Committee; Hearing Feb. 27 – TAKE ACTION NOW!
- AKC Urges Ohio Department of Agriculture to Cease New, Overly-Broad Interpretation of “Pet Store” Definition
- Virginia: Positive Amendments Improve Animal Care Bill, Some Concerns Remain
- Minnesota Bill Would Provide Funding for Training PTSD Service Dogs for Firefighters
- Virginia Senate to Consider Bill that Could Harm Dogs, Punish Responsible Owners- Call Today!
- Washington Considering Two Bills Limiting Consumer Choice on Tuesday (2/12/19)
- CT UPDATE: New Haven Board Delays Public Hearing on AKC Request for Changes
- New Jersey Pet Groomer Oversight Bills to Be Considered Thursday, February 7
- Maryland Info Update: Committee Considering Animal Abuse Registry Bill on Thursday (2/7)
- Virginia: Ask Senate Committee to Amend Tethering Bill
- California: Solano County Hearing on Tuesday (2/5) to Consider Future Use of Fairgrounds
- California: Ask the City of Manteca to Not Limit Dog Ownership on Tuesday (2/5)
- Washington House Set to Consider Limits on Consumer Choice on Tuesday (2/5)
- Hawaii Update: Dog-Related Bills Set for Hearing on Fri., Feb. 8
- NH: Bill Requiring Inspections for Hobby Breeders Set for Hearing February 7th, 1pm – TAKE ACTION NOW!
- Colorado Considering Bill Tomorrow (1/31) to Increase Penalties for Cruelty Violations
- Maryland: Ask Committees to Oppose Bills Infringing on Ownership Rights
- NH Alert: Hobby Breeder Bill to be Considered Soon – TAKE ACTION NOW!
- North Dakota Bill Would Provide Funding for PTSD Service Dogs
- Virginia: Ask Senate to Not Pass Bill that Harms Animals, Punishes Dog Owners
- Washington: Ask Committee to Support First Step in Eliminating Breed-Specific Laws
- Support North Dakota Bill to Penalize Service Dog Fraud
- Pennsylvania: Ask Grove City to Not Limit Dog Ownership
- NJ Bill Seeks to Ban Pet Leasing– URGE AMENDMENTS TODAY
- UPDATE: AKC Request for Changes to be Considered by New Haven Board
Thanks for trying to take action! There’s no need to act on this campaign because either your elected officials were not included or there’s currently a vacancy in your district.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your message has not been sent!
Your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by at least one of your legislators. Please choose one of the following prefixes: