What is GiveBIG?
During the GiveBIG statewide fundraising campaign, individuals and organizations come together across Washington to invest in our community. When we give, we take a proactive step towards creating the society we want to live in.
The Arc of Washington State has been advocating for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) since 1936 and promotes the inclusion of everyone in our society.
Please help us continue to pioneer innovative programs and educate our community about the enduring value of people with IDD by giving just a little today at givebigwa.org/arcwaorg. We are grateful for your support and for valuing inclusion.
Who We Are
The Arc of Washington State is a statewide community-based organization advocating for and with people with IDD and their families. We work tirelessly to uphold our vision that every individual and family living with IDD in the United States has access to the information, advocacy, and skills they need to be valued members of their communities, with the opportunity to realize their full potential and a future that is secure.
- We offer guidance to those who need help;
- Promote the self-sufficiency, independence and inclusion of children and adults with IDD in education, employment, and community living;
- We encourage progressive legislation in policies and our state budget;
- Through our advocacy programs, we empower individuals with IDD and their families to make their voices heard;
- Support self-advocacy through education and technical assistance; and
- Promote and fund research.
Thank you all your support, we are looking forward to big things ahead!