As you know, by now, more than 70 wildfires have broken out across Turkey, bringing devastation to the normal way of life and inflicting substantial damage to the economy of the country. The death toll from wildfires on Turkey's southern coast has reportedly risen to four. Dozens of villages and some hotels have already been evacuated.
Following the directive of the president of Azerbaijan, an amphibious firefighting aircraft from Azerbaijan has been dispatched and is being used in fighting the fires, and units of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Azerbaijan numbering 500 people, helicopters, as well as other necessary accessories and equipment are being sent to Turkey as we speak.
Meanwhile, as members of the Azerbaijani-American, Turkish-American and other Turkic American communities in North America, we must do everything in our power to extend our help to our Turkish brothers and sisters. Below are three donation alternatives you can use to send your donations:
1) Click on Turkey 2021 Wildfire Relief Fund to read about the wildfires and make a donation. Your donation will be used to:
- Provide food and emergency medical supplies to people and animals
- Support temporary relief and emergency supplies for displaced families
- Provide support to front-line workers, like volunteers of our partner organizations
- Meet other needs that emerge
2) Assembly of Turkish American Associations (ATAA) has an ongoing ‘let’s plant a tree’ project to help with the fires in Turkey. When you donate mention ‘tree planting project’. All accumulated donations will go to TEMA Vakfı foundation (TEMA is our trustworthy institution and they work for only environmental awareness projects). Click here to make your donation via PayPal.
3) Donate through U.S. Azerbaijanis Network (USAN) via PayPal by clicking on this link. Please mention Turkey Relief Efforts in the Add Note field.
Hopefully, there will be no more casualties. Başın Sağolsun Türkiye!
Thanks for trying to take action! There’s no need to act on this campaign because either your elected officials were not included or there’s currently a vacancy in your district.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your message has not been sent!
Your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by at least one of your legislators. Please choose one of the following prefixes: