Take Action now and ask your House Representative to co-sponsor the Early Childhood Nutrition Improvement Act of 2023! This bipartisan legislation was introduced by Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR) and Congressman Marc Molinaro (R-NY) to:
- Allow providers who are open for more than 8 hours in a day to be reimbursed for an additional meal (up to 3 meals and 1 snack).
- Align the calculation of reimbursement rates for family child care homes with that of centers by shifting to “food away from home.”
- Allow annual eligibility for for-profit child care centers to streamline program operations.
- Require a review of the CACFP Serious Deficiency process.
- Establish an advisory committee on CACFP paperwork reduction.
These positive changes would streamline and strengthen the CACFP in order to expand program participation and access to nutritious meals.
Send a letter to your representative to advocate for the improvement of the CACFP!