4/10/2019 9:30 AM PDT - 4/11/2019 6:00 PM PDT
Register today for the California Optometric Association's 2019 Legislative Day. Due to popular demand, we are back at Cafeteria 15L! Come and bring an OD or student who is new to the event!
COA Legislative Day - April 10, 2019
We will be discussing COA's legislative agenda for 2019 as well as educating lawmakers about issues important to optometry.
Scroll down to register.
To accommodate flights and travel, we will begin the day a bit later:
|Location:||Cafeteria 15 L - 1116 15th Street, Sacramento, CA|
|Date:||Wednesday, April 10, 2019|
|Registration Opens:||8:30 am|
|Program Begins:||9:30 am|
|Legislative Meetings:||12:00 pm - 3:30 pm|
|Reception:||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
COA's Action Center App
Be sure to download COA's Action Center App. With it, you can register for Legislative Day, access your meeting schedule, talking points and even send debriefing forms right from your phone!
Follow these three easy steps to download the COA Action Center Mobile App:
(It's quick and easy!)
1. Search for "votervoice" (one word) in your App store, available in: Google Play or iTUNES.
2. After you have downloaded the App, you will be prompted to enter your email address. A verification code will be sent to that email account.
3. After verifying your email, you will be brought to a 'Find Association' page. Start typing in 'California Optometric Association' and an option for 'California Optometric Association' will appear directly below where you were typing. Click/touch that full name & you'll then have access to our new mobile app.
COA will not be securing a block of rooms for Legislative Day 2019. Accommodations will be on your own.
TRAVEL FOR STUDENTS:
COA will provide transportation (bus) for University of Berkeley students. Here are the details:
- Pick up in Berkeley:
7:00 am pick up in front of the Haas School of Business 2220 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley, and drop off in front of Cafeteria 15L, Sacramento.
- Return to Berkeley:
6:00 pm pick up at Cafeteria 15L, Sacramento and drop off in front of the Haas School of Business, 2220 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley. (Please note: students who don’t wish to attend the Legislative Reception or want to leave Sacramento earlier than 6:00 pm must arrange transportation back to Berkeley on their own. The schedule cannot be altered this year.)
- Pick up in Berkeley:
- Stipends will be available for the first 25 students who register from Marshall B. Ketchum University (SCCO) and the first 25 students who register from the Western University College of Optometry (WUCO).
- The stipend is up to $125 for travel expenses.
- if your receipts total $95, you will be reimbursed $95.
- If your receipts total $300, you will be reimbursed $125.
- COA will not reimburse for travel miles or any other rewards programs.
Students MUST SIGN-IN at Legislative Day registration desk to receive their stipends.
Agenda is forthcoming!
Talking points will be provided prior to the event.