While Governor Mike DeWine is looking into what legal authority he has to ban vapor products by executive action, two bills have been introduced by Representative Tom Patton (R-Strongsville) that would ban the sale of vapor and alternative nicotine products in flavors other than tobacco.
HB 346 and HB 347 were introduced on September 23, and have not been assigned to committee. In addition to calling Governor DeWine, we are recommending that Ohio advocates start making contact with members of the General Assembly and urge them to reject proposals that prohibit sales of life saving products.
Take Action - Make A Call & Send a Message!
Call Governor Mike DeWine:
Points to make on your call:
- Tell Gov. DeWine that banning legal, regulated sales of vapor products is doing more harm than good.
- Legal, Regulated retailers ARE PART OF THE SOLUTION!
- Briefly, share your story about switching to vaping.
- Note what role the variety of flavors play in helping you live smoke free.
- Note any health changes you've experienced since switching to vaping.
- Thank them for their time; and,
- that's that :)