Take Action in Vermont!
(Update - 08.25.20)
S. 288 (Flavor Ban) is heading to a meeting in the Senate Finance Committee on
Thursday, August 27, 2020
Please take a moment to send a message to your state senator urging them to oppose this bill. Just fill out the form below or to the side to make sure your comments are sent to your state senator.
Vermont’s legislative session runs until the end of December, so there is still plenty of time for this bill to gain momentum in Montpelier.
In addition to contacting your state senator, please also send your comments to:
Faith Brown, S. Finance Committee Assistant.
- State that you are opposed to S. 288 or any other bill that would ban safer alternatives to smoking in flavors other than tobacco.
- Tell your story about switching from smoking to vaping.
- What role, or how important are flavors to you remaining smoke-free.
- Note any changes in your health since you switched to vaping or another smoke-free alternative.
- What will you do if flavored vapor products are banned? (i.e. shop on an underground market, make your own, travel out of state?)
- Be polite, be honest, and say thank you :)
Vermont is not immune to scary sounding claims about the harms of vaping. Testimony already shared on the Finance Committee page shows that many people are already making an effort to blur the lines between smoking and vaping. Lawmakers need to see an outpouring of opposition to banning flavored smoke-free products and consumer testimonials are vital to correcting misconceptions about safer alternatives to smoking.