ACTION NEEDED!CONTACT LIVINGSTON PARISH COUNCIL MEMBERS!
The Livingston Parish Council is trying to pass an ordinance that will limit fill to 3ft! Email them now to tell the council members to vote NO on this ordinance!
- This ordinance would limit fill to 2 feet atop lots smaller than a half acre. For larger lots, the limit would be 3 feet.
- The proposed ordinance would limit builders ability to raise houses enough to get a waiver on flood insurance for a home buyer or a Letter of Map Amendment (LOAM).
- The ordinance would take property rights away, specifically, the right to LOAM the property out.
- The ordinance will require a compaction test on fill brought in and would drive up the cost of building.
- The legal counsel in the parish this ordinance was based off of has said the 3 feet recommendation is an arbitrary number.
- This ordinance puts a burden on the people of Livingston Parish and is not the solution to the drainage issues.