Religious Liberty - Executive Order
Religious freedom in America has suffered years of unprecedented erosion. The Executive Branch of the federal government can correct some of these issues. The President can restore the federal government's respect for the religious freedom of individuals and organizations by signing an Executive Order that establishes a government-wide initiative to respect religious freedom.
Elements of such an Order should include:
- Relief from the mandate of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that forces the Little Sisters of the Poor and others to facilitate the provision of contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs and devices in their health plans.
- Preservation of tax-exempt status for nonprofits that hold beliefs based on marriage, human sexuality, and the protection of human life at all stages.
- The ability of religious organizations that partner with the federal government to act according to their beliefs regarding marriage, human sexuality, and the protection of human life at all stages.
- A broad religious exemption to Executive Order 13672 so that faith-based organizations can continue to partner with the federal government to provide much-needed services here at home and abroad.
- The ability of religiously affiliated child welfare providers to provide adoption, foster, or family support services for children in accordance with their religious beliefs.
- Protection of accreditation for religious schools based on their beliefs.
- Conscience protections regarding abortion in the individual health insurance market.
- Any Executive Order should make it clear that religious freedom entails more than the freedom to worship but also includes the ability to act on one's beliefs. It should also protect individuals and families who run closely-held businesses in accordance with their faith to the greatest extent possible.
The Most Reverend Peter J. Jugis
Bishop of Charlotte
The Reverend Monsignor Michael Shugrue
Administrator, Diocese of Raleigh [-] less
Your message has not been sent for one of the following reasons:
1. You are not a constituent of the officials targeted, and therefore you do not need to take action.
2. The legislative seat that has been targeted is vacant at this time. The seat will be filled after the next scheduled election.
Your message has not been sent for the following reason:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your code has been sent!
Please do not close this window. Minimize the window instead. You will need to come back to this window to enter your code.
We have sent an email to ... with a verification code. If you do not see it within the next five minutes, please check your spam/junk mail folder.
If you did not receive your verification email, click cancel and check that you entered your email address correctly.
Some of your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by one of your legislators.