Instead of upholding sex discrimination on the basis of male and female biology, Biden's Rule imposes LGBTQ identities as the basis for sex discrimination. Turning our schools into laboratories for promoting sex and gender ideology at the expense of women and girls must be opposed.
Now is the time to make your voice heard! Tell the U.S. Department of Education you oppose this radical rewrite of rules redefining "sex" as "gender identity" and mandating that schools cater to the extreme LGBTQ agenda, causing harm to students and stripping girls of their Title IX rights.
Write your comment to the U.S. Department of Education (ED) in the space provided today! Deadline: September 12, 2022.
Major changes to Title IX in the Biden LGBTQ Rule:
"Gender Identity" is now "Sex"
- Rejects that "sex" is defined as biologically male or female: "on the basis of sex includes discrimination on the basis of sex stereotypes, sex characteristics, pregnancy or related conditions, sexual orientation, and gender identity." This is a radical rewrite of the basic federal law on sex discrimination that Congress has NEVER authorized.
- Schools must affirm and accommodate students on the basis of "gender identity" - using preferred names and pronouns and "gender support plans" even without parental consent. This "gender identity" mandate extends to all programs and activities, including locker rooms, restrooms, rape crisis centers, housing, athletic programs, and more.
- Female students lose their rights. Protecting girls will now be in direct conflict with the "gender identity" mandate giving males self-identifying as girls the right to take their place. As students and athletes, our daughters deserve to have the law on their side, not against them.
School Personnel can be "Parents"
- A new definition of "Parental Status" empowers school personnel to act "in loco parentis" (in place of parents). Parental rights could be overruled by Title IX policy barring sex discrimination. Schools could withhold information from parents about their child's "identity" at school.
Abortion = Pregnancy
- A new definition of "Pregnancy or Related Conditions" gives abortion the same status as childbearing. Schools would be required to provide support and services for "termination of pregnancy." Any activity that promotes choosing life for an unborn child could be banned.
1. Share why you oppose the Biden Title IX Rule. Use the space provided in the Compose Your Message form to oppose this radical rewrite of the meaning and scope of sex discrimination in federal law.
2. Include a question challenging how ED justifies the cost, harm, or impact of overturning protections based on biological sex in federal law. This requires a response!
For more information, check out CWA's A Guide for Commenting on Biden’s Proposed Title IX Rule.