- As the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution holds, "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law. … The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article."
- In 1973, the Supreme Court wrongly determined that unborn babies were not persons. The Roe v. Wade decision opened the door to millions of abortions on demand depriving unborn human beings of life.
- The right to life is a right of being human—not a right contingent on the ability to survive without aid from others. When the unalienable right to life of every human being is diminished or dismissed, history shows that ruthless governments and individuals will kill anyone they deem, as the Nazis put it, "unworthy of life."
This bill would:
implement equal protection under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States for the right to life of each born and preborn human person.
Bill text excerpts
* Right to life: "…the Congress hereby declares that the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being."
* Clarifications: "Nothing in this Act shall be construed to require the prosecution of any woman for the death of her unborn child, a prohibition on in vitro fertilization, or a prohibition on use of birth control or another means of preventing fertilization."