Sharing your personal lung cancer story is one of the most effective and impactful ways to raise awareness and educate others about lung cancer. By telling your story, you are putting a face to the disease and not only raising up your voice, but the voice off all those touched by lung cancer.
As a constituent, you can make a difference by sharing your story with your Member of Congress today! Here are some helpful tips for crafting your story.
- Try your best to keep it to about 500 words (3-4 paragraphs)
- Let them know what you have been through (diagnostic, treatments, care, side effects); don't leave out the cost in healthcare.
- How has lung cancer changed your life? Your outlook? Your relationships? It is important to highlight how this disease has affected you and those you love
- What or who has motivated you to keep fighting through this process?
- Make it personal by sharing a photo of you, your family, your pet, etc.
- Speak from the heart and share the facts about your journey
- End with a request for support-like, Join the bipartisan Congressional Lung Cancer Caucus
Thank you for shining a light on lung cancer!
Any questions, please email email@example.com.