Having already passed the U.S. Senate, the Water Resources Infrastructure Act of 2020 (WRDA)now awaits a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives. While it is expected the House will vote on WRDA before the August recess, this bill is too important to the protection and preservation of our aquatic ecosystems to let slip until after the August recess.
Specifically, this legislation would tackle water quality issues, coastal resiliency challenges, small and emerging harbor and additional waterway access initiatives including:
- The spread of aquatic invasive species and harmful algal blooms,
- Everglades and Great Lakes restoration,
- Impacts of Climate Change on Coastal Communities,
- Funding water infrastructure projects in small and emerging harbors; and
- Equitable funding for recreational based waterways
Please tell you Congressman to bring WRDA to the floor for a vote and to vote YES to its passage.