But newly proposed health education standards introduced here in Nebraska reflect a dangerous agenda that’s not only incompatible with the values of Nebraska, but incompatible with science itself.
READ ON TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SOME OF THIS PROPOSAL'S MOST DANGEROUS PROVISIONS...
And if we don’t act soon to voice our opposition, similar ideologically-based educational standards could soon become the law of the land not only in our state, but in others across the country.
That’s why we need you to contact your State Legislators and request they join you in vocally opposing these new standards as soon as possible!
You can contact your State Legislators in one easy step using this simple contact form that LifeSiteNews.com is making available here, on the Voter Voice platform.
With one click, your message is sent directly to your representatives without having to look up any of their contact details.
The standards in question were introduced by the Nebraska Department of Education last Wednesday as an early draft, and are meant to serve as the primary guidepost for curriculum in schools across the state, both public and private, should they be approved by the State Board of Education.
The most concerning aspect(s) of the proposed standards come from the “Human Growth and Development” section, which calls for the following:
- Kindergarten: Students will be introduced to various different forms of family structures, including “single parent, blended, intergenerational cohabitating, adoptive, foster, same-gender, and interracial.” With no direct mention of households with traditional, heterosexual marriages/parents, the standards appear to be an outward attempt at phasing this structure out of general education.
- 1st Grade: Students will be introduced to the left-wing social concept of “gender identity,” as well as “gender-role stereotypes.”
- 4th Grade: Students will be taught that there’s a difference between “sex assigned at birth and gender identity,” and how to compare and contrast the two.
- 6th Grade: Students will be introduced to “sexual identity” and learn about different types of sexual orientations, including homosexual, bisexual, queer, and pansexual, as well as what it means to ‘identify’ as “cisgender,” “transgender,” and “non-binary.”
- 8th Grade: Students will be introduced to abortion, and taught that it is a form of “reproductive care,” as well as how to go about terminating an unplanned pregnancy.
It couldn’t be more clear that these newly proposed standards have nothing to do with educating our children, but rather indoctrinating a new generation of Nebraskans, starting as early as Kindergarten.
The good news? Republican Governor Pete Ricketts has already clarified his opposition to the proposed standards, stating they “would not only teach young children age-inappropriate content starting in kindergarten, but also inject non-scientific, political ideas into curriculum standards.”
The bad news? As mentioned before, a proposal like this does not fall under the purview of the Governor, nor the State Legislature; instead, then newly proposed standards must be approved by the Nebraska State Board of Education.
But we can still fight back. Our best hope is to build a coalition of Nebraskans, inside and outside of government, to fight back against these dangerous, overtly politicized standards.
That’s why it’s so important that you take this opportunity to ensure your voice is heard.
Please take a few minutes to contact your State Legislators and request let them know that you oppose the Nebraska Department of Education’s newly proposed health education standards.
The new proposal was just made public last week and won’t be voted upon until later this year, but we must be proactive and take a firm stand against this attempt at further indoctrination NOW.
Nebraska’s – and America’s – children are not pawns, and their education must be protected from radical social engineering that seeks to replace true education with the advancement of a left-wing political agenda.
Our leaders must know that we oppose this agenda, and take an active role in opposing its expansion here in Nebraska.
Thank you for helping deliver this message to them.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Read the full text of the newly proposed health education standards released by the Nebraska Department of Education HERE: https://cdn.education.ne.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Nebraska-Health-Education-Standards-DRAFT-1-Public-Input-_-with-colors.pdf
‘Proposed Nebraska health standards would teach school children about gender identity’: https://omaha.com/news/local/education/proposed-nebraska-health-standards-would-teach-school-children-about-gender-identity/article_3e5888c6-810b-11eb-9fb8-f7bb801eab8d.html
**Photo Credit: Shutterstock