HUGE News --
Senate Republicans have BLOCKED H.R. 1, congressional Democrats' massive federal elections power grab, and we need YOU to urge your federal legislators to continue protecting our vote and our elections in the years to come!
The bill in question, ironically titled the "For the People Act," was narrowly approved by the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives in a party-line vote back in March before moving onto the Senate, where it ultimately met its fate thanks to a fully united Republican caucus -- all 50 members -- voting to block its advancement.
This is a great victory for our country!
And considering H.R. 1 was congressional Democrats' signature legislative priority for 2021, it also marks the first major blow to Joe Biden's radical agenda to transform our country and its institutions since taking office.
But we CAN'T stop now...
It's on us to contact our federal lawmakers and let them know (1) that we're grateful that H.R. 1 has been defeated, and (2) that our elected officials must stand against any future efforts to federalize America's elections.
That's why we need YOU to contact your U.S. Congressman/woman and both U.S. Senators and ask them to oppose any potential federal election power grabs that may arise in the future.
As a reminder, the recently defeated H.R. 1 was promoted by congressional Democrats as a bill to expand voting rights in America, but this could not have been further from the truth.
In reality, this legislation was a blatant power grab to achieve permanent single-party rule in our country.
Among its numerous provisions were the following:
- Transfer of control over congressional elections from state governments to the federal government, even though the Constitution explicitly states that such authority belongs solely to states.
- Automatic voter registration, which would have required every state to add all eligible citizens to their voting rolls (unless they manually opt out) under the law.
- Mandatory early voting in all 50 states for at least 15 days prior to an actual election, as well as unlimited ballot harvesting and a 10-day deadline extension past an election for mail-in ballots to be received and processed.
- Mandatory, nationwide mail-in voting, without any requirement that individuals provide a form of personal identification upon applying for their mail-in ballot.
- Transfer of control over drawing congressional district maps from each individual state’s legislature to “independent” commissions – another power reserved, in the Constitution, for states specifically.
- Federal funding of campaigns, which would have used YOUR money to fund campaigns and candidates, regardless of whether or not you can (1) vote for them, or (2) would even support them in the first place.
Let's be clear: H.R. 1 was not, nor ever was, about "fixing" America's elections.
In fact, it would have served one purpose and one purpose only: Rigging the system in favor of one party, so that the American people would never truly participate in a free, open, and fair election again.
But Senate Republicans stood strong, and took an unusually united stand to reject this bill using their filibuster power to block a procedural vote that would have advanced H.R. 1 in the legislative process.
Make no mistake: This is a HUGE victory. And it's even further evidence that the grassroots efforts of concerned Americans like you are having a meaningful, positive effect in our country and for its people.
But we mustn't rest on our laurels, nor take ANYTHING for granted.
That's why it's so important to contact our federal lawmakers one more time, and let them know that we expect them to reject any future bills to ransack power away from the states and federalize America's elections.
You can contact your federal lawmakers in one easy step using this simple contact form (see right) that we're making available here on LifeSite's Action Center.
With one click, your message is sent directly to your representatives without having to look up any of their contact details.