Navigating long wait lists. Financial barriers. Lack of personal care attendants. Those are just a few of the many issues people who have a neuromuscular disease face when trying to access home-based care. And it’s why it’s vital Congress invests in the following bills which will improve access to these vital services.
1. Ongoing Reconciliation Economic Recovery Legislation - This substantial investment in helping states explore better ways to provide home health care will:
- Reduce harmful barriers to accessing vital services
- Increase the home-based care workforce
- Help people find home care workers
- Allow people to hire a family member or someone with an existing relationship to provide services
2. Supporting Our Direct Care Workforce and Family Caregivers Act (S.2344)
- This bill will invest in programs that will help recruit, train, and retain home health care workers.
3. HCBS Access Act - When introduced, this bill will:
- Make Medicaid coverage of HCBS mandatory. This would result in shortened wait lists.
- Increase home-based care workers’ wages
- Help people navigate the often-confusing home-based care system of services
Urge your members of Congress to support this legislation today!