The U.S. Senate may soon vote on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) radical and deceptive Equality Act. Pelosi's bill, recently passed in the House, is designed to wield a wrecking ball to religious liberty. The bill has nothing to do with equality, but everything to do with punishing Christians' religious freedoms.
Take action now by sending your U.S. Senators a message to vote "NO" on the Equality Act.
If the Senate were to pass Speaker Pelosi's bill and Democratic President Joe Biden were to sign it into law, it would unleash radical liberals to attack those whose faith teaches that marriage is only between one man and one woman and that the sexual identity of males and females is a fixed, biological fact.
By government edict, business owners, employees, and customers alike will be subject to a radical LGBT agenda:
- Female business owners, customers, and employees would be forced to share spaces in restrooms and dressing rooms with men who claim to be women.
- Women's sports would be forced to open up to the participation of men who claim to be women.
- Health care providers and professionals would be forced to perform gender transition procedures (sex changes) and provide medical services (hormone therapy) that would violate their moral and religious convictions.
- Adoption and foster care agencies will be forced to place children into same sex households and into the homes of individuals suffering from gender confusion.
- College and professional sports stadiums would be required to open their restrooms to either sex.
The Democratic Party has clearly laid out its intent to force Christians to submit to radical sexual deviancy. The Party's platform stated, "We support a progressive vision of religious freedom that respects pluralism and rejects the misuse of religion to discriminate."
The "progressive vision" of religious liberty for Democrats was made clear by Chai Feldblum, the former commissioner of the Obama administration's Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Feldblum staked out the view of the Democratic Party when she said:
"I'm having a hard time coming up with any case in which religious liberty should win. … Sexual liberty should win in most cases. There can be a conflict between religious liberty and sexual liberty, but in almost all cases the sexual liberty should win because that’s the only way that the dignity of gay people can be affirmed in any realistic manner." (Emphasis added.)
Take action now by sending your U.S. Senators a message to vote “NO” on the Equality Act.