Reauthorize Act 101 Funding
This is important since over 36 million dollars is provided each year for the benefit of waste reduction and recycling.
- Pennsylvania counties have received over 1 million dollars each year to provide funding for County Recycling Coordinators and over 2 million dollars each year to fund planning.
- Municipalities and counties have received over 19 million dollars towards recycling programs and education and over 16 million dollars in recycling performance grants each year.
- 902 Grants: 2016 grant round may be the last grant round (awarded in 2017)
- 901 Grants: 2017 will likely be the last year that funds will be available
- 904 Grants: 2018 will be the last year to apply for grant funding
- 903 Grants: 2019 will likely be the last year to apply for grant funding
- Additionally, funding for DGS, DCED, and PennDOT will expire in 2020 and the Recycling Hotline, Recycling Market Center, and Technical Assistance program will lose their funding, as well.
Feel free to use the suggested letter as a starting point and customize with personal insight from your program, or send it as it is written.
- Why this funding is important to you
- Tons of waste diverted from landfills
- Tons recycled
- Inter-municipal cooperation
- Public Safety through HHW and Electronics Collections
- Benefits of Recycling
- Accomplishments of Your Programs
- Community Impacts
- Economic Impacts
- Partnerships with Educational Institutions
- Workers Employed through Your Organization
- Fuel Savings
Your message has not been sent for one of the following reasons:
1. You are not a constituent of the officials targeted, and therefore you do not need to take action.
2. The legislative seat that has been targeted is vacant at this time. The seat will be filled after the next scheduled election.
Your message has not been sent for the following reason:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your code has been sent!
Please do not close this window. Minimize the window instead. You will need to come back to this window to enter your code.
We have sent an email to ... with a verification code. If you do not see it within the next five minutes, please check your spam/junk mail folder.
If you did not receive your verification email, click cancel and check that you entered your email address correctly.
Some of your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by one of your legislators.