Since June 24, when the US Supreme Court handed down its decision to overturn Roe v Wade, congressional champions have introduced and advanced a variety of bills to provide federal protections for reproductive health care and increase access for those most impacted by state abortion bans and restrictions. While none of these bills alone can solve the crisis we are now in, each one can make an important difference and help improve access to reproductive health care.
That’s why we need you to contact your members of the House and Senate today. Please urge them to support these bills, which are critical to ensuring everyone has the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant and have a child.
For more on what each of these bills would do, read this blog post on PowertoDecide.org.
- H.R. 9247: Abortion Care Awareness Act of 2022
- H.R. 9040: Reproductive Health Care Accessibility Act
- H.R. 8524: Protect Sexual and Reproductive Health Act of 2022
- H.R. 8452: Reproductive Health Travel Fund Act
- H.R. 8373: Right to Contraception Act - passed the House
- H.R. 8297: Ensuring Women’s Right to Reproductive Freedom Act – passed the House
- H.R. 8296: Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 – passed the House
- H.R. 8210: Stop Anti-Abortion Disinformation Act
- H.R. 6005: Access to Birth Control Act
- H.R. 2234: Equal Access to Abortion Coverage in Health Insurance Act (EACH)
- S. 4764: Reproductive Health Care Accessibility Act
- S. 4723: Let Doctors Provide Reproductive Health Care
- S. 4557: Right to Contraception Act
- S. 4550: Expanding Access to Family Planning Act
- S. 4504: Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022
- S. 4469: Stop Anti-Abortion Disinformation Act
- S. 4132: Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022
- S. 3223: Access to Birth Control Act
- S. 1021: Equal Access to Abortion Coverage in Health Insurance Act (EACH)