This month, the House Antitrust Subcommittee introduced a group of bills that can finally rein in Big Tech.
Members of Congress on both sides of the aisle worked together to create this unprecedented legislation, which would rein in the power of Big Tech and create the opportunity for real competition.
Their proposals include:
- prohibiting Big Tech platforms from self-preferencing or discriminating against companies that might pose a competitive threat to their platform power
- blocking Big Tech platforms from buying up potential competitors
- enabling users to communicate across digital platforms
- increasing funding to the federal antitrust enforcement agencies
- authorizing these agencies to break up the vertically integrated Big Tech behemoths if there’s a conflict of interest
Tell Congress to pass these #BigTechBills in order to tackle the gatekeeper power these companies hold, and instead promote creativity, innovation, competition, consumer protection, and consumer choice.