Mayor Bowser releases her budget on March 22nd and we need your help!
Please join us to ensure that DC’s budget, which hovers at nearly $20 billion, prioritizes funding to end chronic homelessness. We’re asking our supporters to email Mayor Bowser to remind her to fund her own plan to end homelessness, Homeward DC 2.0, which calls for increased investments in proven solutions like Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) and homelessness prevention.
The Way Home Campaign, our 110 partner organizations and 7,000 supporters call on Mayor Bowser to fund a budget that:
- Invests $36.6 million to end chronic homelessness for 1,260 single adults with Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) and invest $19 million to fund PSH for 480 families
- Ensures the continuation of non-congregate shelter capacity and expands bridge housing
- Expands programs that prevent chronic homelessness
- Ensures that DC, particularly the Department of Human Services, has the staffing and capacity needed to implement historic investments made in FY 22 & 23 to end chronic homelessness
- Makes shelters more dignified, non-congregate, and service-rich and to increase funding for medical respite beds
- Addresses DC’s dire lack of low-income housing