This is a call to action to every member that values the freedom to run their business as they choose to. We are facing the most anti-business legislation of the117th Congress. The legislation is essential is a shopping list for the labor unions, and is anti-worker flexibility, anti-business, and anti-independent contractors. According to media reports, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) will bring the bill to the Floor of the U.S. Senate for a vote if 50 Democrats co-sponsor the bill, right now there are 45. The bill is the "PRO Act":
- PRO Labor Unions;
- PRO the end of independent contractors/owner operators;
- PRO the demise of the agent model;
- PRO no flexibility for the modern worker;
- PRO anti-right to work States;
- PRO penalties and fines for misclassification of employees;
- PRO changing franchise laws across the United States;
- PRO giving unions the power to penalize workers for not paying union dues;
- PRO egregious infringement on an individual’s privacy by allowing private information; to be shared with unions with no safeguards in place; and
- PRO imposing card checks.
Please stop this legislation in its tracks. Contact your Senator and say "NO TO PRO"