(Updated - 01.29.20)
Two bills, HB 1410 (flavor ban) and HB 1624 (temporary sales ban), are scheduled for public hearings on
Thursday, January 30, 2020
House Commerce and Consumer Affairs Committee
Legislative Office Building (LOB), Rm 302
33 N. State St.
Concord, NH 03301
Please make plans to attend this hearing. Even if you do not plan to speak, your presence is important as it demonstrates the large numbers of people affected by these bills. We are providing talking points and a prewritten email that advocates can use to help write their comments.
Prior to the hearing (and for those unable to attend), please send a message to lawmakers urging them to reject these dangerous bills.
Take Action - Send a Message
If you'd like to send your message to the full committee, copy what you've written before you send it and paste it into an email addressed to: HouseCommerceCommittee@leg.state.nh.us
Points to include in your emails, phone calls, and spoken comments:
- Briefly, share your story about switching to vaping and what role that flavors played in helping you switch.
- Note any health changes you’ve experienced.
- Briefly, discuss what losing access to local vape shops will mean for you (Will you shop out-of-state, in neighboring cities, or online? Will you make your own e-liquid at home or purchase products on an underground market?).
- Additional talking points for testimony and emails are available here.
- Watch these comments from San Diego County Supervisor Kristin Gaspar - YouTube