S. 4132, the so-called Women's Health Protection Act, is an extreme ploy for elective abortion on demand. This bill aims to codify and expand Roe v. Wade, invalidating nearly every state restriction on protecting unborn children from abortion nationwide. The Senate is expected to consider the bill during the week of May 9, 2022. Here are the main concerns:
- Supersedes any conflicting state or federal law, including the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993, and creates a wide-sweeping statutory right to provide or obtain an abortion without limitation up until birth
- Completely abandons viability standards established under Roe
- Jeopardizes common sense measures like ultrasound and fetal heartbeat tests, mandatory reflection periods, and parental notice requirements
- Threatens conscience rights of medical providers who object to abortion
- Premised on the erroneous notion that abortion services are essential healthcare and “medically comparable” to other outpatient gynecological procedures. But abortion kills human life. It is not healthcare.
You may view a fact sheet on previous versions of the legislation here.
Please contact your Senators TODAY and tell them to vote NO on S. 4132 and oppose the Left's unyielding crusade for abortion on demand.