This bill would:
- prohibit the approval of new abortion drugs;
- prevent the dispensing of abortion drugs remotely, by mail, or via tele-medicine; and
- impose additional regulatory requirements with respect to previously approved abortion drugs.
- In 2017, chemical abortions made up 39 percent of abortions reported by the 32 states that require reporting on specific abortion methods, up from 5.5 percent in 2001.
- Lifting the Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS) currently applied to abortion drugs (due to known or potential serious risks) and making chemical abortion available by prescription endangers women and would effectively override most state pro-life protections like parental involvement, waiting periods, and informed consent.
- A U.S. Supreme Court ruling allows the FDA to enforce in-person requirements for the abortion pill under Mifeprex’s REMS.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because either:
A. You are not a constituent of the targeted officials
B. The targeted legislative seat is vacant at this time. The seat will be filled after the next scheduled election.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your message has not been sent!
Your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by at least one of your legislators. Please choose one of the following prefixes: