- Parents should control their own children's healthcare—not the state.
- While a majority of states have parental notification or consent laws when their underage daughters are seeking an abortion, it is still possible for these girls to go across state lines to obtain an abortion.
- A Live Action undercover investigation found that eight Planned Parenthood facilities in six different states were willing to cover up sexual abuse of minors, including disregarding mandatory reporting laws of suspected statutory rape. Facilities also provided coaching on how to evade state laws by going to another state for an abortion.
This bill would:
- prohibit taking minors across State lines in circumvention of laws requiring the involvement of parents in abortion decisions;
- apply a penalty of a fine or imprisonment to anyone who violates the law;
- provide exceptions for saving the life of a minor.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because either:
A. You are not a constituent of the targeted officials
B. The targeted legislative seat is vacant at this time. The seat will be filled after the next scheduled election.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your message has not been sent!
Your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by at least one of your legislators. Please choose one of the following prefixes: