- Under current law, states are required to allow any qualified provider to participate in a state’s Medicaid system.
- A non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) report revealed that Planned Parenthood received $1.2 billion in Medicaid reimbursements over a three year period, accounting for 80 percent of the abortion provider’s joint federal-state funding stream..
- National polling indicates that a strong majority of Americans– including Democrats, Independents, and self-proclaimed pro-choice individuals--oppose using taxpayer money to fund abortions.”
This bill would:
- give states the authority to exclude abortion providers, like Planned Parenthood, from receiving Medicaid funds;
- provide exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother; and
- allow states to use federal funds instead for real healthcare, to promote health and healing rather than to prop up abortion clinics that kill unborn babies.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because either:
A. You are not a constituent of the targeted officials
B. The targeted legislative seat is vacant at this time. The seat will be filled after the next scheduled election.
Thanks for trying to take action! Unfortunately, we could not send your message because:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your message has not been sent!
Your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by at least one of your legislators. Please choose one of the following prefixes: