- "Eyewitness accounts provide credible documentation of widespread forced sterilization and sexual violence against Uyghur and Kazakh women in the People’s Republic of China…."
- "Chinese Government documents demonstrate rapid declines in population in two predominately Uyghur prefectures of the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region between 2015 and 2018, and an unprecedented near-zero birth rate target for 20200 in one district. Government documents mandate that birth control violations are punishable by extrajudicial internment in 'training' camps."
- "The policy of state-sponsored forced population-transfer program, which separates married couples and forcibly places unmarried individuals into controlled environments where they cannot marry or form a family, is a violation of the fundamental right 'to marry and to found a family,' as codified by Article 16 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948)."
This bill would:
- require the President to submit to Congress a strategy to address and end the atrocities;
- require the Secretary of State to provide appropriate assistance to the women impacted by the atrocities; and
- impose sanctions on perpetrators.