Highlights of TESOL's legislative priorities include:
- Increased funding for K-12 English learners (ELs) through Title III of the Every Student Succeeds Act.
- Increased funding for adult ELs through Title II of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- Passage of the American Dream and Promise Act by the United States Senate, which would ensure a path to permanent citizenship for Dreamers.
- Passage of the Reaching English Learners Act, which would provide additional funding for the training of future TESOL educators at the K-12 level.
Please see the full list of TESOL's policy and legislative recommendations here.
It is very important that Congress take action on these issues and ensure the success of ELs and their teachers across the country. Please send these policy recommendations to your members of Congress today!
1. Enter your name and address at the bottom of this page and click "Review Your Message;" this automatically customizes your messages to reflect if your representatives have co-sponsored the bill.
2. Review the text of each message that will be sent to your members of Congress, and personalize the message if you'd like.
3. Click "Send Message" to send all of the messages at once.
4. If you have a Twitter account, click the Twitter icon at the confirmation page to send a Tweet to your members of Congress.
5. Share this campaign with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn by using the links provided on the confirmation page!