Zonta International is a global organization of women and men dedicated to empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. The Zonta USA Advocacy Action Center is a tool for our members in the United States and other individuals who share our commitment to gender equality to take action to improve the lives of women and girls. With your help, we can make a difference. In addition to the actions below, click here to support our joint efforts with UNICEF USA to end child marriage in the United States.
The economic benefits of girls’ education are substantial and can help lift households, communities and nations out of poverty. Keeping girls in secondary school could:
- Add $92 billion to the economies of low and middle-income nations;
- Cut child deaths by 50 percent;
- Reduce child marriage by 66 percent;
- Decrease violent conflict by 37 percent; and
- Increase girls’ future wages by up to 20 percent for every year enrolled.
The Keeping Girls in School Act passed the House in January 2020. Contact your Senator today and ask them to support S.1071.