Missouri businesses, schools and health care providers want to safely open and remain open so we can rebuild our economy and get Missourians back to work. However, employers in our state desperately need assurance that costly lawsuits will not be a threat to their livelihood as they try to safely reopen and rehire workers. Greedy trial attorneys want to sue businesses that are trying to operate safely during the pandemic. The Missouri Chamber is urgently working to secure COVID-19 liability protections to protect our state's businesses from unfair lawsuits. This legislation — Senate Bill 51 — has passed in the Missouri Senate, but now faces another big hurdle: the Missouri House.
Here are five things you can do right now to help this critical bill pass the Missouri House:
- Call your local representative and ask them to support Senate Bill 51. Find your representative.
- Send a letter to your local newspaper expressing support for Senate Bill 51. Here are some points to consider for your letter.
- Email your representative and ask them to vote yes on Senate Bill 51. Use the tool on this page.
- Share your support for Senate Bill 51 on social media, tagging your representative if possible.
- Let us know why Senate Bill 51 is important to your business. Share your story here.
If you need any assistance, please contact Matt Panik, Missouri Chamber vice president of governmental affairs, at email@example.com or 573-634-3511.