On June 4, 2019 the U.S. House of Representatives passed the American Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6). This critical piece of legislation creates a pathway to permanent citizenship for over 800,000 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) recipients, as well as millions of other young, undocumented immigrants who arrived in the United States as children and are currently recipients of Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) or Temporary Protective Status (TPS). Dreamers make significant contributions to the economy, the military, and academia, and are poised to become leaders in their communities. Passage of the American Dream and Promise Act would ensure that Dreamers across the United States can continue to live, work, and study in the communities that they have made home throughout their young lives.
TESOL urges you to contact your members of Congress to advocate on behalf of the millions of young, undocumented immigrants who depend on your voice to secure their path to permanent citizenship in the only country they have known for the majority of their lives. Please thank your members of the House who supported this bill in its passage, and urge your members of the Senate to pass this bill now!
TESOL International Association is asking you to take action today! Tell Congress to support Dreamers by sending e-mails, Tweets, and sharing this call-to-action with your friends and colleagues!
1. Enter your name and address at the bottom of this page and click "Review Your Message;" this customizes your messages to automatically reflect whether or not your members of Congress have co-sponsored the bill.
2. Review the text of each message that will be sent to your members of Congress, and personalize the message if you'd like.
3. Click "Send Message" to send all of the messages at once.
4. If you have a Twitter account, click the Twitter icon at the confirmation page to send a Tweet to your members of Congress.
5. Share this campaign with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn by using the links provided on the confirmation page!