Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many public K-12 schools and institutions of higher education are facing historic budget shortfalls due to likely state and local funding cuts.
In response to the these funding issues, the House of Representatives passed the HEROES Act in May 2020. This $3 trillion spending bill includes $100 billion for K-12, adult, and higher education. Many of the programs that receive supplemental funding will directly impact English learners and English language professionals. Unfortunately, however, this bill has stalled in the Senate, and no additional relief funding for the nation's schools has been appropriated.
TESOL is asking you to take action today and tell the Senate to provide this much needed funding for our schools and the English learners they serve.
1. Enter your name and address at the bottom of this page and click "Review Your Message;" this automatically customizes your messages to reflect if your representatives have co-sponsored the bill.
2. Review the text of each message that will be sent to your members of Congress, and personalize the message if you'd like.
3. Click "Send Message" to send all of the messages at once.
4. If you have a Twitter account, click the Twitter icon at the confirmation page to send a Tweet to your members of Congress.
5. Share this campaign with your friends and colleagues on Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn by using the links provided on the confirmation page!